These past couple of weeks have been littered with periodic fussiness, drool-laden clothing, interrupted night sleeping, tummy rashes, runny poop and emphatic chewing. Must be teething.
Last night I changed an explosive diaper, and wondered why all of a sudden his poop was so runny. We chocked it up to dehydration....being dumb-nuts new parents. This morning, it was a smelly consistency of toothpaste. Must be the teething.
I yelled at Raymond last night because he suggested the bath soap/lotion I use on the kid may be the cause of his breakout on his tummy. I just read on WebMD that the excessive drooling can lead to rashes on their chins and tummies. Must be the teething.
So basically what I'm telling you is that it took all of these symptoms to be spelled out on WebMD for me to realize that lil' homie is teething. I mean, I had a hunch that this was the case...but now that I've put all of the pieces together, I'd like to pay homage to the nice folks at WebMD for being the Idiot's Guide to Parenting to me.
We had a successful first Easter with the little man this past weekend! We were fortunate to have an old friend take some family photos of us in the bluebonnets, and we get to review all of the pictures tonight! I can't wait to see them. We also did the whole church thing and got in some QT with the family. Here is one of the shots we received from the photog.....as a 'teaser.'

Thursday is Ryder's 4 month appointment with the pediatrician. We expect that she'll tell us that he's the most beautiful, smart, athletic, most PERFECT child she's ever seen -- and that his parents are worthy of a prize for their stellar skills. We're pretty stankin' good at what we do here, so any commendation from the doc is nice, but a big DUH! Really, though, we expect that she'll allow us to start him on solid food -- which I'm totally stoked about! I hear it makes for interesting diaper changes, though, so I'll report on that adventure at a later time. TTFN - Ta Ta For Now!
1 comment:
I hope your teething adventures yield actual teeth...seven months tomorrow and we are still waiting on those pearly whites!
Post a Comment