Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Is that YOU or the cat?!

Ryder's got a new hairdo. Business in the front....not so much a party in the back. Not much of ANYTHING going on back there, because it seems as if he's going bald. Now, I've been expecting this phenomenon for a while now, as most babies lose their downy 'baby hair' and it's soon replaced by thicker stuff....but I kinda hoped he'd just keep it, and we could move on. Not so much.

I was pushing lil' homie in the stroller the other day, and noticed the inside bed of his stroller was lined by shed hair. There were GOBS of it...so much, in fact, that I actually cursed the cat for a minute for apparently getting into his stroller. Then I realized I'd seen the same pattern of molted mane on his Boppy pillow, in his swing....and in his bed. So I came home, apologized to the cat, and used her pet curry comb to depilate the soiled areas. I KNEW he was going to be a hairy little thing even before he arrived!

Everything else is going great! I recently started working again, and the little monster stays at his Grandma/Mimi/Gigi Arrington's house. Ryder's paid his first visit to a XXX store since I last wrote. (WHAAAAT?!) We think he may be on the verge of teething because EVERYTHING goes straight from his fingertips to his mouth and he's spontaneously fussy on occasion. On the evening of Saturday the 14th of March, Ryder began this beautiful streak of sleeping through the night, so he's now sleeping in his own big-boy-bed upstairs, and Mommy and Daddy are able to sleep through the night, too! Last weekend, Mommy had her first post-pregancy outing and went to Galveston for Stephanie's bachelorette party. This weekend, Daddy will have his first post-pregnancy outing by going to his fraternity's alumni golf tournament in Huntsville. Everyone's just rockin' and rollin' like usual!

I don't have a picture yet of the boy's bald HEED, but I'm sure you can use your imaginations. It's really quite comical to see, actually!

Here's a pic of Raymond reading to the Thumbsucker
HE picked the Bluebonnet, I SWEAR!
Lovin' his new floormat
Ferra guards his door at night while he's asleep

2 comments:

TexasCoy said...

Betsy's got a bald patch going on the back too. It's the cool thing to do. Glad life is going well!

JHP said...

Aww, good little Ferra! Get her CPR-certified and she can babysit! ;)