The War Room
I suppose I'll start with last night and bounce around. Kid has been rather fussy in the evenings lately -- and I reckon it's for a number of reasons. Ryder naps whenever he wants, and he typically wants one in the morning, early afternoon and late afternoon. On good days. On BAD days, we're lucky to get in one solid nap. So if he's fussy by the evening, it could be due to missing a nap or 3. Another reason for a fussy evening: we still believe he's on the verge of teeth, though honestly -- I've been saying this for a couple of weeks now -- so I thought they would be here by now (???). And lastly, but not leastly...constipation. We began feeding him solid food, per the doctor's instruction, though we were NOT instructed as to how much/how often/etc. So I fed him a couple of entrees yesterday to the likes of peaches and carrots. Sounds pretty harmless, right? I mean, when was the last time you knew someone to be allergic or reactionary to either of those foods?? Well, though maybe not allergic, lil' homie was definitely reactionary to one or both of them -- as we spent the greater part of last night paying for our dietary deviation. Raymond had him for a bit, consoling him from his wakeful screaming and unprovoked crying. He tries the Orajel, water, Tylenol, comfort thing. I knew he hadn't had a good BM since the afternoon BLOWOUT we had yesterday...but of course that's a whole 'nother story. So since we couldn't figure out what the -BLEEP- was wrong with Ryder, and Raymond needed sleep, I agreed to sleep with him propped up on my shoulder in the recliner in his nursery for the night. Once I get settled, I hear the door push open, and it's Raymond with his pillow. He couldn't stand that the little guy was in pain, so he camped out on the floor in the nursery with us. After a couple of hours our red-hot-blooded bodies got to be too much heat to bear -- so I placed him in his bouncer and camped out on the floor too. It was really the sweetest thing, the first of many 'campouts' I'm sure the Hamden family will endure. Because it was the first, however, it will surely be memorable.
That's not to say I'm not EXHAUSTED right now, though, don't get it twisted! Here's a picture of last night's war room.
4/16 - 4 Month Checkup
All is going well with the kiddo. He weighed in at 16 lbs 4 oz (75th %) and was 25.5 inches in length (75th %). His head, as expected, was in the 90th %, coming in at a whopping 44! She said he's strong, tall and very attentive. She attributes the big head to his big brains ;) We were given the go ahead to start him on stage 1 baby foods. Here's a pic from the appointment (and Ryder's new 'do):
Here's a picture from Ryder's first meal (applesauce):
Momma's Going Green!
PSYCHE! Only a master amateur gardener though! I recently planted two tomato plants, yellow onions (which will also yield green onions, my fave!), red onions and jalapenos! I'm anxiously awaiting my first harvest...but sadly, nothing has sprouted yet. God knows, 1500 Halbert is the proverbial place where good plants go to die. Let's hope I'm turning over a new leaf (pun DEFINITELY intended!) and can remember to routinely water the garden...
Ryder the Lint Roller
The Hamden family is going green! PSYCHE! Well, sorta...if you consider me pledging to never buy another disposable lint roller as long as I have a baby as 'going green,' then consider me Al Gore, reincarnate! One HUGE added bonus to having a baby [that's teething?] is the built-in lint roller tongue! Got some dust on that little black dress? If you can still FIT INTO YOURS (!!) then throw the kid over your shoulder and let him do his thang. The drool spots WILL dry, I promise. If you're like me, and are still in maternity wear/plus sizes...put him to work on your sweats or something. It's only a matter of time before he replaces the Swiffer! ;)
Drinking Out of a Sippy Cup
I was feeling a bit saucy the other day....big bad momma, standing in the BABY FOOD section (since my baby can now eat real BABY food!)...and I thought I'd go ahead and pick up a sippy cup and see what the kid thought about it. He TOTALLY gets it -- so now he gets his formula from a sippy cup on occasion. Whew, at least THAT was easy!
Alright, the kid is getting glossy eyed, and I think this means NAPTIME! I'm off to get some stuff done while I can -- and I'll try to write more later...Always have something to share :)
3 comments:
Me thinks Ryder was planted on Ferra, no? Hehehe... He is so stinkin' cute!
That little tyke gets cuter every day!
I'm not one to talk, but I need more posts from the Hamden house! Hook a sister up!
Post a Comment