Ryder, right before Ferra took a dump on his head. PSYCHE! tee hee hee
Oh where to start (?). I remember when JenHowePeel birthed Harper...and I'd log in to her blog every day in vain, wanting to see how things were going...not wanting to call her and bother her, as I was certain she had enough on her plate. Never really understood why she'd go DAYS without blogging to keep everyone up on the goings on of the new addition. BAHAHA! Little did I know. Sorry JHP...I now understand your plight....
...Because I have an insomniac. They say newborns average about 20 hours of sleep each day, waking only to eat and poop. Mine is the complete opposite of normal...in that he sleeps about four hours a day, and is wide awake for the other 20. He's not one of those kids that simply has his days and nights mixed up. The little sucker's just AWAKE. And therefore so are we.
Now, one might think, "Why doesn't she just stick him in a baby seat and get some stuff done....let him entertain himself for a bit??" Whoa, hold it right there...oh inquisitive one. It's a little difficult to get things done when the kid's pining for food, in need of his 4th diaper change of this feeding or needs to burp for the umpteenth time. You see, we've gotten stuck in this vicious cycle of eating ALL day, instead of breaking it down into multiple, distinct feedings throughout the day. I can attribute this to his scary bouts of spitting up, which happen multiple times per feeding, invariably leaving more room for food once he spits half of it up...so we end up feeding, puking, feeding, puking, burping, pooping, feeding, puking, burping, pooping, pooping, pooping, feeding...you get the idea. This leaves no room for sleep, and this is where we've been this past week or so.
Now, understand I'm not blaming the little guy for the situation...he can't help it that mommy can't get some QBT (quality blogging time) for herself on a daily basis to post the pictures and tell the stories that I know you all so desire (don't worry, I'm simply kidding...). It's only a matter of time before he's driving, so at that point, I'll get back to my daily fill. But until then, here are some pictures to tide you over for the next 16 years. They're from the past week, or so, when we dressed him up to watch his first UT game (check out his cook kicks!)...and had his first submersion bath. The ones of him in the white outfit aren't a joke, and no, we're not priming our son to head up the Killeen chapter of the KKK. He's wearing a kimono bath robe (compliments of Aunt April Mac!) but it's still a little too big for him. Happy New Year, kids!


...Because I have an insomniac. They say newborns average about 20 hours of sleep each day, waking only to eat and poop. Mine is the complete opposite of normal...in that he sleeps about four hours a day, and is wide awake for the other 20. He's not one of those kids that simply has his days and nights mixed up. The little sucker's just AWAKE. And therefore so are we.
Now, one might think, "Why doesn't she just stick him in a baby seat and get some stuff done....let him entertain himself for a bit??" Whoa, hold it right there...oh inquisitive one. It's a little difficult to get things done when the kid's pining for food, in need of his 4th diaper change of this feeding or needs to burp for the umpteenth time. You see, we've gotten stuck in this vicious cycle of eating ALL day, instead of breaking it down into multiple, distinct feedings throughout the day. I can attribute this to his scary bouts of spitting up, which happen multiple times per feeding, invariably leaving more room for food once he spits half of it up...so we end up feeding, puking, feeding, puking, burping, pooping, feeding, puking, burping, pooping, pooping, pooping, feeding...you get the idea. This leaves no room for sleep, and this is where we've been this past week or so.
Now, understand I'm not blaming the little guy for the situation...he can't help it that mommy can't get some QBT (quality blogging time) for herself on a daily basis to post the pictures and tell the stories that I know you all so desire (don't worry, I'm simply kidding...). It's only a matter of time before he's driving, so at that point, I'll get back to my daily fill. But until then, here are some pictures to tide you over for the next 16 years. They're from the past week, or so, when we dressed him up to watch his first UT game (check out his cook kicks!)...and had his first submersion bath. The ones of him in the white outfit aren't a joke, and no, we're not priming our son to head up the Killeen chapter of the KKK. He's wearing a kimono bath robe (compliments of Aunt April Mac!) but it's still a little too big for him. Happy New Year, kids!
2 comments:
Muhahahaha... I feel your pain, m'lady! I'm "retiring" as of this Friday in order to become a professional blogger, er, mom. Lemme know when you two birds are free to hook up with me & HP!
Ryder is adorable (and I have been around enough kiddos to not think that they're all equally cute)!! Congratulations!!!
Post a Comment