At our Doc appointment on Monday, the pediatrician told us he had a mild case of thrush on his tongue, and promptly prescribed some meds for us to use on him. Basically, it means little Ryder has a yeast infection on his tongue. I'd heard of the infection before, as Raymond's niece had it a few months ago when she was a newborn...but I had no idea the wrath it could wreak on two poor, unsuspecting young parents. Lately he will be pleasantly fed, changed...and rocking to sleep in our arms...when he'll let out this blood-curdling scream, and it won't stop for minutes, hours...and consequently...these past couple of days. It seems, if I'm hearing and reading correctly, that it can burn the insides of his mouth and throat and stomach, and can be quite the painful experience for a little'un. Raymond and I were in dire straits thinking Ryder had a case of colic (which we're still not in the clear....but everyone, say a prayer that he doesn't get it!), and that was the reasoning behind the fits of crying. But at this time we'll chock it up to a mad case of thrush, and keep medicating.
In other, more exciting news, Ryder is now ready for his first full-on bath! Today he lost his umbilical cord stub, and he's ready to rock 'n roll in his Rainforest baby-tub!!! He's so dang excited with his yeasty self, he can't hardly stand it! He told me this today between crying fits! ;)
AND, in OTHER MORE EXCITING NEWS...today Ryder made his inaugural trip to El Chico -- which will presumably be his first of many, MANY trips he will make throughout his lifetime. Gigi Arrington came to help out today, and once he went down for a nap, we hauled his adorable ass to El Chico for some fajita goodness!
Well, I'm off to enjoy a monstrous glass of Cab and watch me some 20/20. Today's been a long day -- and if the past two nights' madness is any indication of what's in store for us this fine evening, I may just drink myself to a stupor so I won't allow myself to be bothered by it at all. He still remains our little angel, though...and here are some more pics to prove it (because he's asleep in both of them! tee hee hee!) Happy New Year, kids!
1 comment:
hope ryder's thrush is all better...here's a video about interesting baby food for your enjoyment when he is! http://www.seriouseats.com/2009/01/chewing-the-fat-batali-and-bourdain-on-baby-food.html
Post a Comment