Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Two Weeks Down...The Rest of Our Lives To Go!

Ryder had his two week post-natal appointment today, and he [duh] aced it! He's had a growth spurt, which took him back to his original weight of 7 lbs, 1 oz...and he's gained .5 inches -- bringing his height to 20 inches! Little Man has been eating like a P.I.G. hog lately, so we figured he'd been doing a little growing. Everything else looks good -- heart, lungs, ears, eyes, ding-a-ling, etc...and he was deemed a good baby by the pediatrician. Only two weeks old, and charming the socks off the ladies -- THAT'S M'BOY!!!

This really has been an amazing two weeks, getting to know Ryder. Raymond and I already know what makes him tic, what pacifies him...when to expect a dirty diaper, and where to tickle him to wake him up mid-feeding. He is, indeed, a good baby...except for the 5 minute period between him waking up, and one of us shoving a nipple in his mouth. He's indiscriminant as to what type of nipple it is that is being fed to him. Just as long as it's a nipple...we're all good. But I really can't complain about his fussiness, because I know when to expect it...and I know how to extinguish it! SOMEBODY GET THE BOY A NIPPLE, STAT!

Nothing really too new and Earth-shattering going on, otherwise. Just rearing the most beautiful, mild-tempered, hairiest, most ADORABLE child in the history of children! Here are some pics from this past week for your enjoyment. Hope everyone had a Merry Christmas -- and best wishes for a safe and happy New Year!

1 comment:

JHP said...

You've got a baby...in a stocking! Hehehe... I so see Raymond shining thru in the middle picture with that pose!