Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Merry Christmas...You've Sprung a Leak...

Feliz Navidad, kemosabes! Just got back from Christmas Eve church service (yes, even sinners and deviants such as I go to church once a year!) and had a bit of an epiphany. Actually I had the epiphany earlier today, I just wanted to tell y'all that I went to church...

So it all started when my boob sprung a leak at my inlaws' house today. Now, I obeyed all of the registry checklists and registered for nipple pads for my bras to use for nursing...but no one told me I actually had to use these things! For those inquiring minds, I haven't been such a fan of nursing...but feel it's important for the little man to have breast milk...so I've been pumping. Pumping is a form of trickery for your boobs, and therefore they react as if they're actually being nursed by a little human. BUT since I haven't been nursing, per se, for these past couple of days...I forget that I need to comply with the normal nursing routine and treat my body as if I am....and I basically gave the nipple pads the finger. Never again.

I'm sitting at my inlaws' house, getting ready to go to church, and realize my arm is wet and a bit sticky. I glare at the dog...glare at the baby...thinking one of them MUST have drooled on me...but then it dawned on me that my arm had been resting on my monstrous right boob , and the BOOB, my friends, was the perpetrator! I pull out my shirt to assess the damage...and it looked like someone'd turned the hose on me! I was so embarassed, that I made Raymond take me home before church so I could change my bra and outfit. This time, I remembered the nipple pads.

Yes, that's right, folks...they make pads for nipples. And if you're wondering what they look like, what they're all about...think of a maxi-pad, only circular...the size of a coaster, with adhesive on one side. So basically it's just a maxi-pad for your leaking nipples. How attractive is that? Yea, oh, the things they don't warn you about in childbirthing class. AND somehow my predecessors managed to forget about this little detail...and had me convinced that breastfeeding came without any extra accessories or small print. Speaking of trickery!!!

Here are some more pics from today. Ryder had his first bath, laid around with Daddy...then we had Christmas Eve over at Ryder's Aunt Lilly and Uncle Dan's, and he wore his little reindeer onesie. Merry Christmas, y'all!!

1 comment:

JHP said...

Is that your curly head I see hanging over the tub? :) Give Ryder a smooch for me & HP! Hope to see y'all soon!