Thursday, December 11, 2008

Today's the Due Date...Nothing But Alot of Hot Air...

Today's December 11th, the magical day we've all been waiting for...and all I can report is a hellish case of gas. For the past few nights, I've had bouts with contractions which are consistent at 20-minute intervals...but they never get closer together, more painful...and consequently, never result in a child.

I've been surprised and intrigued over the past few months over the outpouring of support and frequency of contact we've had with folks with regard to Baby Ryder's arrival. I've received numerous messages and phone calls from folks I never even dreamed of hearing from again -- folks I've probably participated in a number of unmentionable activities with in past years -- and they've also embarked upon the journey of parenthood, sharing their many wonderful experiences with me. It's like there's this fraternity out there of people young and old who've become parents...and even though I knew they had kids...never thought we'd have this wonderful element of life in common. I've always been a believer that things have their way of 'coming full circle,' and it has been great to be able to share the events of this pregnancy...and in the future, parenthood...with everyone along the way. Thanks again for [re]connecting...it has truly meant a great deal to the Hamden Family!

In other, more important news: I've successfully reduced the number of bags we will march into Labor & Delivery with from 5 to 2 + a giant Ikea tote with pillows and blankets. Raymond will be SO stoked! I've never been one to pack with prudence...so I've been getting the third degree from Raymond over the past month over the amount of stuff I intend to take with us to the hospital. Everything is VERY necessary to me...however instead of parsing everything into separate little bags, there's now one GIANT rolling suitcase that houses everything from DVDs to toilet paper, to Raymond's "Dad to the Bone" shirt....to the bubble gum cigars. Consider the Hamden Family ready to rock-n-roll at the instance that Baby Ryder gives us any inkling that he may be arriving!

...but I won't get my hopes up...and until then...I'll just live with the gas. The story of my life.

No comments: