
I had an encounter with a toilet seat this weekend. Ray and I woke up on Sunday morning, and had breakfast with his dad at Papa's Cafe in Heights. After getting seated, I realized I needed to make a routine visit to the John, and made my way to the back of the restaurant toward the bathroom. There are two one-seaters: one for men, and one for women....and two ladies in line ahead of me....
As I approach, lady #2 acknowledges the look of dismay on my face, as she notices I'm expecting, and probably in need of a toilet NOW -- so she explains to me, "Well, I had considered going into the men's bathroom...no one's in there...??" So of course I explain to her that I find no problem using a men's bathroom, and say that if she doesn't go in....I WILL! She tells me she's also pregnant, and can't hold it...so she goes in for the kill! So that leaves me and lady #1 in line waiting...
Women's bathroom becomes available, lady #1 enters, so then it's just me there. A man approaches, and goes to open the men's bathroom door, and I explain to him that the bathroom is occupied, and tell him not to be alarmed when he sees a woman emerge. His response: "You know, I never understood why they have the labels 'men' and 'women' on bathroom doors, anyway. It just never made sense to me -- it's not like they're any different??" I give him my assent, and at about that time, prego lady #2 emerges from the men's restroom, and the guy goes in. He makes it out before lady #1 finishes her business in the women's restroom -- and the gentleman holds the door open for me to enter the men's restroom after him. I oblige, thank him, and enter the restroom....and to my shock and dismay....FIND THE TOILET SEAT HAS BEEN LEFT UP!!!
Now, had I gone into the men's restroom at any other random time in my life, this wouldn't shock or amaze me to find the toilet seat left up. But considering I'd JUST had this conversation with this bloke, I wanted to tell him, "THIS! THIS IS WHY THERE ARE LABELS ON THE BATHROOM DOORS, NUMB-NUTS!?"
That was my weekend encounter with the toilet. Thanks, man!
As I approach, lady #2 acknowledges the look of dismay on my face, as she notices I'm expecting, and probably in need of a toilet NOW -- so she explains to me, "Well, I had considered going into the men's bathroom...no one's in there...??" So of course I explain to her that I find no problem using a men's bathroom, and say that if she doesn't go in....I WILL! She tells me she's also pregnant, and can't hold it...so she goes in for the kill! So that leaves me and lady #1 in line waiting...
Women's bathroom becomes available, lady #1 enters, so then it's just me there. A man approaches, and goes to open the men's bathroom door, and I explain to him that the bathroom is occupied, and tell him not to be alarmed when he sees a woman emerge. His response: "You know, I never understood why they have the labels 'men' and 'women' on bathroom doors, anyway. It just never made sense to me -- it's not like they're any different??" I give him my assent, and at about that time, prego lady #2 emerges from the men's restroom, and the guy goes in. He makes it out before lady #1 finishes her business in the women's restroom -- and the gentleman holds the door open for me to enter the men's restroom after him. I oblige, thank him, and enter the restroom....and to my shock and dismay....FIND THE TOILET SEAT HAS BEEN LEFT UP!!!
Now, had I gone into the men's restroom at any other random time in my life, this wouldn't shock or amaze me to find the toilet seat left up. But considering I'd JUST had this conversation with this bloke, I wanted to tell him, "THIS! THIS IS WHY THERE ARE LABELS ON THE BATHROOM DOORS, NUMB-NUTS!?"
That was my weekend encounter with the toilet. Thanks, man!
1 comment:
Ladies? Ha! ;)
Post a Comment