I'll periodically ask Raymond, "So, you ready to be a dad? If Ryder came tomorrow, would you be prepared?" I get the same, hem-haw answer every time: "Well, uh, not really...I don't think so....probably not....who knows..." I've come to the conclusion that Raymond and I are complete opposites, and that's why we work: I'm ready to get this little human out of my tummy, and introduce him to the world [because the suspense is simply KILLING ME!], and Raymond's perfectly content knowing Ryder's warm, cozy and growing in there -- aaaaaand it's like he's a dad without all the diaper changing and crying business to deal with. BUT Raymond's the first one in the morning to roll over and greet the little man before he begins his day, and the last one in the evening to kiss him goodnight, so it's not like he's not prepared to do all of these father-ly things once little Ryder comes along...?? I suppose there's really no way to be "prepared" for the onset of parenthood, but is it safe to assume that Daddy's got a case of the cold feet? Maybe not...it's all mental.
We had our second round of childbirth classes this week -- and GUESS WHAT, FOLKS?! We finally got the crotch shot we all knew we were in for! It never ceases to amaze me that that big of a situation can come out of that small of an orifice. I CAN report, though, that they've updated the video to circa 1994...but it still has the same effect on viewers, and it's still the same bush, give or take 20 years. Same ol' story, same ol' song and dance. (for all my fellow Aerosmith fans!)
Ray and I also had our first baby shower this week, compliments of the staff of Nolan Middle School! Everyone was so gracious and generous, and we were very appreciative of them coming and participating, but is it wrong for me to say that my favorite part of the whole shindig was the delicious cake? I mean, the gifts and company were dandy....but the cake...the cake was UH-may-zing! I would offer some to you...but I finished the last round of it for breakfast this morning....oops...??
As you can see, nothing particularly Earth-shattering happened this week...so I'm going to close with this cartoon I found on the 'net. It's SO me!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment