Sunday, November 23, 2008

Griswolds.....EAT OUR RUBBER!

THE HAMDENS HAVE A CHRISTMAS TREE! Last night, after having to beg and plead with Raymond for nearly a month, the old man drug the Christmas Tree down from the attic, and we got it put together! This Christmas tree has been a work in progress since I purchased it my sophomore year in college (this was Christmas '02)...so it's quite the piece of work. It's never been displayed in a room with 20' ceilings, though, so this room CLOWNS our poor, 7' tree.

I remember wanting to match the tree to the theme of my then apartment at 2525 Rio Grande #11, so the colors began with gold, red...and black. Yes. I have black ornaments on my Christmas tree, and now the Hamden family Christmas tree shall don them too. Raymond hates them, and calls me the Grinch for having them. I think, strangely enough, that they add quite a bit of pop to the tree, myself! Raymond also isn't used to stuffing the tree with lights and hanging the ridiculous amount of ornaments I've amassed over time. I think a tree looks funny if it doesn't have enough lights, or if it's virtually barren with no ornaments or ribbon. It was a four hour affair, and it ended with Raymond asserting that the tree is already tired as it's having to hold up all those lights and ornaments. I think it's a 'beaut, though...and it will have to do until we get a bigger tree next year! I think Ryder will absolutely LOVE it!

It didn't take :20 for Ferra to find the tree and nestle herself beneath it. Here are some pictures from last night's affair!

2 comments:

TexasCoy said...

YEAH! Your tree is up.

OK, Ryder, get out here and look at his work of art!

Anonymous said...

I LOVE the black ornaments....that is the best decision you ever made for that tree. I on the other hand have a little tree i bought at home depot. It dons no ornaments, but I am a grinch and I intend to stay that way.