Wednesday will mark 38 weeks for Baby Ryder. Doc says that if I continue to dilate this week, after 38 weeks is over, he can go in and 'strip the membranes' and I will likely deliver in the next week. SOOO that means that if things continue to develop, and I do not actually deliver before this time...he can go in and 'strip the membranes' at my December 8th appointment, and Ryder will likely be here within the next week from there. I just hope we don't get to the point of induction, because from the way the doc made it seem that it all goes down at Scott & White, it could be a big ol' scheduling mess, and I don't want to have to wait until a bed becomes available in the BASEMENT before I can have this baby!
Checked the heartbeat, and today was the first time the doc wasn't able to go right for it and get it. This concerned me, at first, but after a bit of scanning, he found it, and we continue to be right on track! He did mention that Ryder's torso is long, as his head is down in my crotch-al region, and the heartbeat was just found just below my boob. Though the proximity between my boobs and my crotch has changed quite dramatically these last few months, that's still pretty long considering this is a [newborn] we're talking about. I just hope he comes out long and skinny, then he fattens up to be a cute little plump, fatty baby! Fatties are so cute to me...but it could be problematic if he decides to get too fatty before delivery. YIKES!
I never thought I'd be so excited over such a seemingly minimal number such as 1cm....but I AM, and you should be, too! I've included a picture below for all of you who needed a visual. It also includes the information in spanish for those of you who prefer to read about cervical dilation and effacement en espanol. Everyone say a prayer for my cervix in the coming days....and let's hope that it stays on track so we can have Ryder soon!
4 comments:
YOU'RE DIALATING?!!! YEAAAA!!!!! Is it weird that I am super jealous?
Hi Tiffany! Rob and I are so excited for you. We can't wait to meet the little guy!
I am happy to hear Ryder is making some progress on his journey out! C'mon, little buddy! :)
Ooooh, and tell Ryder I'll give him an extra special treat (to be determined) if he wants to show up on Wednesday! 12/03 is a g-double o-d good day!
Post a Comment