Tuesday, October 28, 2008

10/19/2008 AND WE HAVE CRIBBAGE!!!!

Much to my surprise, excitement and delight, I received the phone call from the folks at JC Penneys at 8:59 p.m. on Friday night, informing me that indeed, our CRIB had arrived! Ray and I woke up on Saturday morning, rushed out to get it -- and spent the next two hours deliberating as to how we were going to get it out of the car and up the stairs without incident. Well, we actually did have *incident* when Raymond tried to take the giganta-box out of the car himself, and we heard a ridiculous CRRRAAAAACK...but much to our surprise, excitement and delight -- we never found the result of the wretched sound. Musta been in our heads....

Anyway -- here are some pics of the assembly process. Ray stripped down for the event, and I...ladies and gentlemen...donned my Sunday best, as you can see. Ferra even joined in on the festivities, and loved the finished product, as she has a new little play area underneath the crib made especially for precocious pussies!

Below is a look at the final product: the long-awaited (well, for me, anyway...)
finished nursery (+ Ferra!)!

We've ordered the car seat, and once that arrives, we'll have all the major components necessary to rear a mini-Hamden. We can't wait to find out what he's going to be like....baby classes start next Monday. That will make for some interesting bloggage, I'm certain...stay tuned!

No comments: