Tuesday, October 28, 2008

09/15/2008

Not really anything to report today, other than that Baby Ryder has been moving around a TON and I can't help but smile each time I feel him move. I can feel him most when I'm sitting or laying down -- though when I sit down to eat, I can usually feel him then, too :) Since I'm a busy-body around the house during the day, I usually do not spend much time sitting...but I will find myself doing so JUST to get in that little punch or tickle that I so look forward to feeling! Raymond and I decided last night that we will indeed opt to have a 3D ultrasound some time in the next few weeks, so that we can take a peek into what the little man looks like. It's been almost 10 weeks since we last saw him, and it's really been something we've looked forward to every time we've been fortunate to have an ultrasound done. We've been so grateful that Aunt Kerry has performed a few extra ultrasounds along the way...because it's a little frustrating that you only do, like, two with your obstetrician: one to determine how many buns are in the oven, and another to determine the sex around 18 weeks. If it's determined you're not a "high risk" prego, then you can bet that you won't see your little tyke again until he pops his little head out your yoo-hoo. This can be frustrating, especially for the dad, who is more able to connect to the growing baby via ultrasound (which is hard for mom to see because she's laying on the table...at least it is for me) -- since mom is able to connect via feeling actual movements in her tummy. Anyway, enough about ultrasounds...

I'm anxiously awaiting the delivery of the changing table/dresser system tomorrow morning! Today I went upstairs and vacuumed, re-situated some stuffed animals, put up some stuff, and have a whole new load of baby clothes in the washer as we speak. I can't seem to keep myself busy enough preparing for the arrival of the little man, so I'm sure the room will be arranged, re-arranged and re-re-arranged a few more times before December comes along. Next Wednesday will mark the completion of 7 months...so really and truly...we could meet little Ryder any time now. As much as I hate to say it, though, I hope he waits those last two months and arrives on time. ;)

Washer just beeped....time to go throw some stuff in the dryer!

T

No comments: