Monday, February 9, 2009

Plaster of My Domain

So yesterday I got the award for having the dumbest idea. For Christmas, Ryder got this ornament making kit that involves plaster and a mold....and you're supposed to mix the plaster with water, pour it into the mold, and then make an imprint of his hand or foot to commemorate his size at his first Christmas. Well, not only am I almost two months late for this commemorative event, but I look like I tried to completely retexturize my entire house with the amount of plaster Ryder and I got EVERYWHERE.

EVERYWHERE.

Babies tend to keep their hands fisted, so it's virtually impossible to spread their little fingers and get the perfect little imprint as is fashioned on the box. Bastards and their false advertising....Every time I'd put his hand flat in the plaster, the little punk would grab the plaster, so I'd be stuck spending the next five minutes removing every last bit of plaster from in between his fingers and underneath his fingernails so as to not waste any of this precious material. Then we'd try again. Same shit. So I decided to try his foot. Well damnit if my son didn't get MY feet, so he has this monstrous big toe, and four tiny others. So in his imprint, it just looks like one big blob, instead of five nicely shaped toes.

So all in all, we got the imprint....because I'd be damned if I permanently soiled his Calvin Klein outfit over this commemorative ornament and DIDN'T complete my mission. Here's a picture of what his Baby's First Footprint ornament will look like.

AAAAND....some more pictures from the past couple of days! He's getting so BIG!




4 comments:

TexasCoy said...

He's so studly.

And you're an ambitious woman! I was thinking about using paint to get some handprints and foot prints of Betsy but yikes to the mess.

JHP said...

I was literally about to take Harper's handprint right before I read this...but now I am picturing how terribly wrong it could go!

JHP said...

I meant after. Duh.

JHP said...

I just noticed your blog title. Clever, I must say.