I have my 39 week appointment this afternoon at 4:20 with my OB, and today he's supposed to 'strip the membranes.' This means he goes in with his finger(s) and scrapes the inside of my cervix, which makes the body release certain hormones that are supposed to get the body prepared for labor. He said at a previous appointment that this could make me go into labor 'within the next week,' but from what I read on the blogs...women have gone straight into labor from having their membranes stripped...or nothing has happened at all. Worst case scenario, he'll want to schedule my induction for next THURSDAY or FRIDAY (18th or 19th), whenever there's availability at the hospital. GOD I hope he comes on his own before then!
Here's a picture of what happens when the membranes are stripped [is that ink on his finger?? I sure HOPE not! lol jk] . I'll update later as to any developments!
No comments:
Post a Comment