As I eagerly approach our due date, and now believe that labor is imminent at any time, I've begun to get a bit nostalgic and sentimental...
I remember years ago, when I'd imagine my life in 10 years, not only did I never think I'd be married, but I DEFINITELY didn't think I'd have children! I would, however, think to myself how amazing it is that as important as my friends and family have been to me throughout the years...I still had not met the people that would go down as 'the most important people in my life': my husband and children. Little did I know that my husband had been in my rolodex since pre-pubescence...and I'm only a matter of days and hours away from meeting our most important person in our lives. I have no concept of how much our life will change once Ryder gets here, but I can't possibly be more excited about embarking upon that journey alongside my boys.
Christmas has even taken on a whole new sort of decadence in my mind...as I want the house to look as fun and Christmas-y as it did when I was growing up and mom ensured that there was always something for me to open on Christmas morning, and that Santa would always leave something, too. Even to this day Santa still visits me....and Raymond...and he will surely visit Ryder this Christmas too.
I've arranged and rearranged, and re-rearranged everything in the little man's nursery, have all the necessary items we'll need for the first few weeks while he's at home, and they're all set up just-so. All of his clothes are washed and either folded in his dresser or hanging in his closet, and his stocking is hanging on the mantel. Now all we lack is the little man himself!
Oh yeah! Thanks to Erica, I used one of those morphing tools on the web and discovered what our baby should look like. I dunno, pretty STANKIN' cute, if you ask me!!!
I remember years ago, when I'd imagine my life in 10 years, not only did I never think I'd be married, but I DEFINITELY didn't think I'd have children! I would, however, think to myself how amazing it is that as important as my friends and family have been to me throughout the years...I still had not met the people that would go down as 'the most important people in my life': my husband and children. Little did I know that my husband had been in my rolodex since pre-pubescence...and I'm only a matter of days and hours away from meeting our most important person in our lives. I have no concept of how much our life will change once Ryder gets here, but I can't possibly be more excited about embarking upon that journey alongside my boys.
Christmas has even taken on a whole new sort of decadence in my mind...as I want the house to look as fun and Christmas-y as it did when I was growing up and mom ensured that there was always something for me to open on Christmas morning, and that Santa would always leave something, too. Even to this day Santa still visits me....and Raymond...and he will surely visit Ryder this Christmas too.
I've arranged and rearranged, and re-rearranged everything in the little man's nursery, have all the necessary items we'll need for the first few weeks while he's at home, and they're all set up just-so. All of his clothes are washed and either folded in his dresser or hanging in his closet, and his stocking is hanging on the mantel. Now all we lack is the little man himself!
Oh yeah! Thanks to Erica, I used one of those morphing tools on the web and discovered what our baby should look like. I dunno, pretty STANKIN' cute, if you ask me!!!
2 comments:
I've got really spicy turkey soup...maybe that will pop Ryder out!
Apparently Ryder wasn't interested in sharing a birthday with me...and I sure hope he doesn't want to share one with you either! Tell him sooner is better! :)
Post a Comment