Monday, November 17, 2008

And on the 3rd Day, God Created the Rainbow...

I made a HUGE mess this morning. Nothing that Mom's handy-dandy Rainbow vacuum cleaner couldn't handle, though, but a disaster of disastrous proportions, nonetheless...

I woke up this morning, got Ray off to school, and thought I might treat myself to a Starbucks Signature Hot Chocolate to jumpstart my day. After all, I was planning a BIG-FUN morning at home dedicated to sifting through the many wonderful gifts we received at yesterday's baby shower (to be detailed later), and arrange everything in the nursery. I get home, haul the gifts upstairs, huffin'-n-puffin' the whole way, and begin my hard day's work....only to be interrupted moments later by the feeling of my elbow hitting the Grande Signature Peppermint Hot Chocolate, knocking it AND a picture frame to the floor in a grande spectacle.

It's everywhere. Chocolate goodness ALL over the floor, the new rug, the changing table...EVERYWHERE. I well up in a hormonal rage of sadness, dash down the stairs to grab some paper towels and my cell phone...and huff-n-puff back up to start blotting. Mom gets speed-dialed to bring in the reinforcements...as we're going to need them...and let her know that the nursery has gone down in flames, and that it's a problem that only the Rainbow can solve. She arrives a half-hour later...I've already chocked the situation up to complete and utter doom...we eat a couple of cookies leftover from the shower, then she gets down to work [meanwhile I sit idly by in absolute silence and helplessness].

The Rainbow starts suckin'...but to no avail. I bring a cup full of water, she gets it down onto the stain...and magically, the Rainbow lifts it out, leaving the carpet perfectly in-tact underneath! I couldn't believe my eyes, y'all! Angels actually began singing, and this I tell you, is no lie! It was as if I was on TV, in one of those OxyClean commercials -- though I can truly attest that I saw the magic with my own eyes, and there was no funny editing going on. I could have been in a Rainbow commercial this morning! She was here for over an hour and a half this morning cleaning up the mess that my stupid elbow made...but let me pay homage to the geniuses at Rainbow for a moment...because their vacuum cleaners are the Nectar of the Gods. And on top of EVERYTHING, they even sent their angels to sing to me...and that's some customer service I challenge YOUR vacuum company to top! [and don't worry, I'll wait....]

In other, more important and fun news: yesterday was our second baby shower -- and it was SO, SO much fun! I got to see some folks I had not seen in a long while, and do a little catching up with my dance teacher from growing up who hosted the shower. Baby Ryder really cleaned up -- and once the carpet has dried in his nursery, Mommy will resume getting everything in place in hot anticipation of his arrival! Everything must be perfect when he gets here! Some highlights: Aunt Shannon's pumpkin bread (t'DIE for!), Ryder's first UT football, some super-fun toys Ryder will surely LOVE, bathing/diapering/changing essentials that Mommy and Daddy truly NEED(!), Mom's HIP, new Petunia Picklebottom diaper bag!!!, lots and lots of totally appropriate monkey stuff, and Ryder's long-awaited Graco SweetPeace Newborn Soother Swing! He's going to absolutely love it -- and now that I realize I can plug in my iPod to it -- he can look forward to rocking out in his swing to anything from the likes of Dr. Dre's Chronic album, to Andrew Lloyd Webber anything! He is one lucky man already -- so he simply needs to come out, already, so we can see just how lucky we are to have him!

Tonight is our next and final chapter of the childbirthing classes. We will be traveling to Temple to Scott & White Labor and Delivery to see exactly what we're in for. It'd be awesome if I went in to labor this afternoon, so I could give our class some good visuals, while getting this whole labor and delivery thing out of the way at the same time. Wouldn't that be one for the storybooks?!

Well, I'm off to finish laundering and to start dinner...thanks for tuning in, and everybody say a prayer of thanks for Rainbow vacuum cleaners before you go to bed tonight!

2 comments:

JHP said...

Nice work with the hot choc...it wasn't a salted caramel, was it???

Anonymous said...

i have been wanting some of that damn hot chocolate, but I am trying to stay in control of my muffin top. As of now I am still only on non fat lattes but I am so glad Linda was there to pick up the ball for you. I might need one of these rainbow things.