Yesterday, Ray and I went to Barnes & Noble to find a baby journal that we can read after the baby is born. Throughout the pregnancy we've been reading a book that charts daily what is going on with the baby--in utero. It's sort of nice, because every day, Raymond and I will sit down for a 5-10 minute devotional so we can see how/what Baby Ryder is doing/up to. We thought it would be nice to find something that would continue this tradition once he comes, as it may give us some insight into what's actually going on with him once he's a little person! While there, we managed to pick up two more books: Kevin Nealon's Yes, You're Pregnant, But What About ME!? (which is supposed to be a HILARIOUS read for expecting dads...and if the first few pages are any indication of what the rest will be like, Ray's in for a treat!) and another journal/baby book thing that we will use once Ryder is born to chart every little important happening throughout his first year! It's the most fun book -- and I already sat down with it last night for about an hour just desperate to fill in any blanks I could before we actually MEET him. :)
OOH, and I also forgot to mention that we've picked out Ryder's cribbage. We'll be getting the matching crib to the changing table system, and dress it in the "Monkeys" bedding from Pottery Barn Baby. Great-Grandma Yuki has already gotten Ryder his first monkey!!! We're going to use the height chart that Raymond used as a kid, which was made by his mom, Siti Ruiz!
By month's end, we hope to have the room fully furnished...that way we'll have the next couple of months to get all the rest of the fun stuff (bouncers, high chairs, etc...), get up some Halloween/Thanksgiving/CHRISTMAS decorations...and truly begin the Waiting Game!
Ryder must be lovin' the Golden Fried Chicken I just inhaled, because I can feel/see him wrasslin' around in my tummy trying to savor it! Now back to the EXCELLENT lineup of TV that's on tonight...it's NFL v. RNC night, baby! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment