Thursday, May 7, 2009

My Implants are RUINED!

Got the day off, and the little one in tow. It's been eerily smooth-sailing these past few weeks, and nothing particularly exciting has happened. Ryder's growing like a weed, and he's getting more and more fun as time goes on! I realized something today with reference to the kid that we really make a good pair. I've spent my whole life looking for someone that wants to hang out with me just as bad as I want to hang out with them, looks like me, walks and talks like me (this will be a later post)....and I think I've finally found him! We even like the EXACT same music! He even likes listening to talk radio when I do. We eat and sleep on virtually the same schedule.....everywhere I go, he goes...and vice versa! It's like a match made in heaven! It's AMAZING how much we have in common...right?? "Well why don't you MARRY him," you might ask?? BECAUSE IT'S WEIRD, AND IT'S ILLEGAL.....THAT'S WHY!

This past weekend little man discovered his feet, so we're enjoying watching him curl up and grab his toes! I never realized before, but apparently this is one of those 'cute' milestones of many that parents can expect to experience in their kid's first year. My first experience with a 'cute' milestone came when I first noticed Ryder's face turns BEAT red when he's pooping. In complete and total amusement, I didn't notice that meanwhile he was pooping ALL down my leg. That was the first, but certainly not the last time I've been shit on in the past 4 months.

He's also truly begun to enjoy his Jumperoo, as his feet now touch the ground. Before, per Aunt Shannon's suggestion, we had to pile books beneath his feet so he'd have something to stand on and jump from. His Grandma Linda bought him an ExerSaucer for days that he spends at her house, and he seems to be enjoying that too!

Also lately, Ryder's become one with the cat. He not only wants to put anything that comes into contact with his hands -- in his mouth -- but he also has gotten to where he wants to feel everything, and the cat's fur must feel soft to him. So he loves on her whenever she comes around, and she returns the favor by licking his head. No one tell Ferra that the kid still has a mean case of cradle cap. Such a sweet pair!

And on the Mommy-front, things are just GRAND. I bought myself an SLR camera for Mother's Day, and have been obsessing over learning how to use the damn thing. I thought by buying an expensive camera that it would give me professional quality photos....but little did I know, that it's really not the camera behind the good pictures, but rather the idiot behind the camera that yields the bad ones. I will continue to read up on what all these damn buttons mean....so be rest assured that my photographic skills will EAT your photographic skills in due time.

And lastly, but certainly not leastly: I have a new addiction. My addiction is plants. Up until, like, a month ago...I used to adhere to the phrase, "1500 Halbert: Where Good Plants Go To Die." But all of a sudden, I woke up one morning with a green thumb, and I've been working in the yard at any given opportunity. Alas, the fruits of my efforts were rewarded this morning with the birth of my first tomato! I'm a little bummed right now, because I've had a little trouble with my onions' growth being stunted...and from what I read online it could be because of all of this damned rain we've been getting. Or it could be because I tried to take a shortcut and use implants instead of seeds, which take a little more TLC. Nevertheless, I've gotten a crapload of green onions out of the deal, and those are just as valuable to me anyway :) As of this morning, I've got tomatoes, jalapenos, red and yellow onions, peppermint, lemongrass, parsley and garlic. Don't be shocked and amazed if any of the aforementioned plants die a slow and neglected death, because as I purported: 1500 Halbert is where "good plants go to die." Please pray for my plants. Here are some pics from the [garden]!
Parsley & Lemongrass
The Garden's FIRST Tomato!
Jalapeno Peppers
Peppermint

2 comments:

JHP said...

Oh, THOSE implants....

TexasCoy said...

You know what would make a good date night? If yall brought Ryder over with his jumperoo and we put him next to Betsy in her jumperoo in our dining room...


then we let the boys watch them while we drink a bottle of vino apiece.